A major part of our mission as a chapter is Education in all its various forms. Education takes up a significant amount of our time and energy as well as a large percentage of our annual budget. What follows is a summary of the Education Projects and Programs your Flint Regional Chapter has donated time and resources to support.
We send educators to the American Wilderness Leadership School (AWLS) in Jackson Wyoming. These educators come from many different levels and backgrounds. They come away from AWLS with knowledge in conservation and the important role hunters play that they can then pass on to their students.
Full scholarships to AWLS have been provided to educators from the following schools and institutions:
Flint Schools, Swartz Creek Schools, Lapeer Schools, Linden Schools, Utica Schools, Saginaw Schools, Oxford Schools, Newport Schools, Eastern Michigan University, Grand Blanc Schools, Davison Schools, Imlay City Schools, Hartland Schools.
Along with the AWLS funding for educators the Flint Regional Chapter also provides grants of money and equipment that go to schools and organizations to promote conservation, the shooting sports and the outdoors.
Some of these are:
- Rowland-Warner Middle School Lapeer with bee keeping donations (see Fall 2018 newsletter for article)
- Rowland-Warner Middle School Lapeer archery club donations (see Spring 2019 newsletter for article)
- Lakeville Schools Clay Target Club donations (see Spring 2019 newsletter for article)
- Swartz Creek archery program donation
- Grand Blanc Schools Skeet Shooting Team donations
- Grand Blanc Schools conservation teaching aids donation
- Grand Blanc Schools Hook Line And Sinker fishing education donation
- St. Clair County Rods for Kids fishing education donations
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources archery equipment donation
- SCI’s State Hunter Apprentice Program donation
- SCI Foundation grants for education donations
- Flint Regional Chapter/Genesee Co
- Pheasants Forever Mentored Youth Pheasant Hunts donations (see October 2020 newsletter for article)